1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by t3monkey boy, Oct 28, 2009.

1. t3monkey boy

t3monkey boy Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi all

im having email probs with my hero, i have 3 accounts set up on the phone, blueyonder(virgin media) hotmail and gmail.

I use my blueyonder account for my job and it is important that emails reach me in a timely manner, i have come from a blackberry so no probs there.

The porblem i am having is the dont always come through straight away, i have the phone set to check server every 5 mins, yesterday evening at 18.00 i received 9 mails all at once which had been sent from 14.00 onwards in the afternoon. I have also have had it when emails have come through a day late.

Does anyone get the same problems, is this a phone problem or a virgin media problem, i suppose it could be a connection problem but i have wifi at my home and this was on from when i got home.

Anybody have any ideas, cheers in advance

Advertisement

2. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

Do you have the accounts set up using imap or pop3 ?

3. t3monkey boy

t3monkey boy Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Pop3 I think? My Blueyonder account was set up automatically with my username and password.what's the difference? Thanks for the reply.

Just chrcked its POP3..

4. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

5. peejay

peejay Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I get the same thing and I think its a WiFi problem.
    I have noticed that if I have Wifi on and try to download something from market, often the download does not proceed. Sometimes I get a message saying there was a network error and selecting retry will then cause the download to proceed. However, sometimes I do not get the notice and market just sits there thinking its downloading, I have to turn Wifi off and back on and then the download starts. If I have Wifi turned off, the download proceeds immediately over 3g.
    The Wifi seems to lose the ability to send/receive data even tho it thinks it still has a connection and I think this is why I get mail late at home where I have Wifi. At work, with Wifi off, I have no problems.

Tags: