• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Androo528

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Hi, I just got an Ematic E-Glide and I can barely find any support for it. I was rummaging through the CD it came with and found out I can upgrade it, but the instructions are confusing and are implying that I use XP instead of Win7. It's currently at 2.1, can it even be upgraded to 2.2? And if so, how do I do it?

I just bought the EMATIC EGLIDE PRISM 7" 8GB for my grandson and also finding it difficult to find any Ematic forums. The Ematic support system is not that well organized and late in responding to questions, etc.
If anyone happens to locate a Ematic Forum, I would appreciate learning about it. Or, maybe, we can post our questions on this forum and hopefully more people will join and share their experiences with there Ematic.
To tell you the truth, it was the low price that tempted me to purchase this Ematic for my grandson. I wasn't about to spend hundreds of dollars. This one cost just $157.00.

Upvote 0
I just bought the EMATIC EGLIDE PRISM 7" 8GB for my grandson and also finding it difficult to find any Ematic forums. The Ematic support system is not that well organized and late in responding to questions, etc.
If anyone happens to locate a Ematic Forum, I would appreciate learning about it. Or, maybe, we can post our questions on this forum and hopefully more people will join and share their experiences with there Ematic.

There might be an Ematic forum, but knowing these things it'll more than likely be in Chinese.

ITo tell you the truth, it was the low price that tempted me to purchase this Ematic for my grandson. I wasn't about to spend hundreds of dollars. This one cost just $157.00.

Tell you the truth, from experience(I live in China) and what's frequently posted on AF GTT. Going too cheap on Android devices, especially the many Chinese one's that nobody has ever heard of, can be a false economy. Often it's much better to spend a few extra bucks to get something that is supported and is a known brand, e.g. Samsung.

You might want to read this thread...
http://androidforums.com/general-tablet-talk/534504-what-life-robustness-chinese-tablets.html

Upvote 0
I am thinking about buying the
Ematic eGlide 4 XL and have been searching for any info on them I could find.
After reading some of the posts here, I went on a mission to find the company, etc.
I found a link on Google for the product on the Linkedin site. I had to almost jump through a hoop to get to their profile, which included joining. Finally got what I wanted....
I am a new member and can't post actual links or graphics yet so I'm hoping this short version of the link will help.
It is ematic dot us. They do have Support there.

I hope this helps the ones who were looking for help.

Upvote 0
Hi, I just got an Ematic E-Glide and I can barely find any support for it. I was rummaging through the CD it came with and found out I can upgrade it, but the instructions are confusing and are implying that I use XP instead of Win7. It's currently at 2.1, can it even be upgraded to 2.2? And if so, how do I do it?

If you have the Ematic Eglide and want to root it, this will help you:

Eglide Rooted Rom By Finless - freaktab.com.rar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones