1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Emergency Alerts

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by sidbub, Jan 30, 2016.

1. sidbub

sidbub Newbie

Would anyone know if I could receive emergency alerts on my ZTE ZMAX 2 958?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

On my phone (nexus 6 running 6.0.1 in USA), settings related to emergency alerts are activated under settings / wireless and network / more / emergency broadcasts. In marshmallow, we also have search function within settings to help finding things. . And my emergency alerts work as expected once activated. I assume almost any smartphone with service in US has similar capability. Do you have similar settings available? Are you in U.S.?

#2 electricpete, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. sidbub

sidbub Newbie

Am in US. Do not have that particular setting. Do have of course wi-fi settings.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it actually a US version ZTE you've got, and not something you imported? I think you should be able to find the Emergency Alerts options under SMS settings, things like AMBER, if they're there. Although I've never seen this myself, I'm not in the US, I've just read about it.

5. sidbub

sidbub Newbie

Yes, US version. Nothing relevant to that in the SMS settings. Got this from AT&T. Should be default to get emergency alerts as I've read but do not see any setting for it.

6. jameny5

jameny5 Newbie

I would check in the phone settings: wireless settings scroll down the list until you get to emergency broadcasts. Search your phone manufacturer. Call and ask them. Some companies like Motorola has a setting and an app called Motorola Alerts. So it could be either one.

7. sidbub

sidbub Newbie

At last I have found the setting. It was under the apps icon/messaging/settings/alerts.

mikedt likes this.