1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Emergency Call on Lock Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tomel, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Tomel

Tomel Lurker

Just got a new Lg G7 and am in the process of setting everything up. I have one question I cannot find answered in the user guide or online. If I click the "Emergency Call" option on the lock screen, does the phone immediately dial 911 or does it bring up the touch pad or does it bring up your emergency contacts. I don't want to experiment and dial 911 by mistake.

Thanks.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by JAy3001, Mar 22, 2019 (1 points)
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

It will bring up the dial pad first. Emergency contacts will show near the top and medical info down the bottom.

Of course this maybe different for your phone. But regardless of that, your phone will not automatically dial 911 for you when you activate it.

PitCarver and Tomel like this.
  4. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

smiley what he said.png
    What he said.
    The V40 is the same.

5. Tomel

Tomel Lurker

Thanks to you both. I tried it and it worked as you said. I just didn't want to chance an accidental call to 911.

JAy3001 likes this.
  6. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

I'd be willing to bet that it's a fairly common occurrence these days, what with butt dialing and kids playing with the speed dial.

LG G7 ThinQ Forum

The LG G7 ThinQ release date was May 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2018
Release Date
Reviews