• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Emergency Calls Only - as if the phone has been rebooted

rachelisadog

Jun 8, 2010
Hi folks,

Bit of an odd one. I have searched but couldn't find something similar.

I bought the handset (UK) factory unlocked from a carphone warehouse child company.

I have used my 3 Sim in it for a few days now and this situation has happened twice.

I leave the phone alone, press the wake up button on the side and it says, emergency calls only, 1 (or one time, 2) attempts left (to unlock sim).

I've no idea at all why, what has caused it. On Saturday night, i removed all but one home screen, had turned off wi-fi, 3G and had it running with a bare minimum of processes and woke to find this.

Anyone else?

Short of turning off the sim lock, which seems i will have to do to avoid this/til a fix is suggested i am not sure what else to do
Thanks in advance

Edit: i also know the phone is truly unlocked thanks to a post from the Samsung Galaxy Forum

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones