• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Emergency calls only!

lseibold

Lurker
Jul 30, 2011
Hey... I've had my Fascinate 4g for about a month and a half now. Frequently, my phone will go from full bars to emergency calls only and will not go back to having any bars until I reset the phone and when I do it instantly works again. It does not matter the location that I'm in. This is the second handset that I've had because my first was defective. Also, the web browser often displays a no data page and will not work until I restart. I have replaced the sim card.

Well, Remove the SIMM card and make sure the contact as clean on the card and nothing in the slot on the phone such as styrophone bits. Re insert it and all the way.

If that still not it the SIMM card is the most likely problem. Go back the to carrier and get a new card otherwise you'll need a new phone and card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones