1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Emergency Calls Only?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by idontknowokay, Dec 28, 2012.

1. idontknowokay

idontknowokay Lurker

I'm so annoyed right now at my Ace. Since I got it 2 months ago it's been acting up, saying I have no service ("emergency calls only"). I switched to 2G and still nothing. I've taken out the battery, the sim, moved around the house so that I have a great signal, and still nothing. I've searched for answers elsewhere and I really don't want to restore my phone to its factory settings. Someone help, please? It's a model GT-S5830i if that helps.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Did you have good service with your previous phone using the same service provider? If so, it may be that you have a defective phone and might want to think about a replacement.

good luck

3. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Have you been able to make calls with this phone or nothing at all? Is it carrier-locked? Is the sim the same as you used before? I'm asking this because it might be a problem caused by your carrier or your sim.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews