• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Emergency Power from AA battery

Upvote 0
I got 2650mAh energizer rechargable AA's, would make a decent backup battery pack.

Dry battery cells have 1.5 V per cell, rechargables only 1.2. Well fully charged they can reach 1.4, but that goes down to 1.2 quite quickly. There are applications where rechargables are not appropriate, for example those tiny cheap helicopters which are charged directly from the batteries in the infrared control. Better test your rechargables whether they work for your emergency charger.

Upvote 0
I just bought something called "Battery backup" by a company called Signalex. It's a small, plain black plastic box that holds 4 AAA batteries and connects to my Desire via a USB cable. It charges the phone, but I haven't properly tested it yet for how long it takes or how many cycles I get from one set of batteries. I'll give it a whirl if anyone wants me to post my findings though.

The best bit is that I paid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones