• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Emergency Software Recovery

ex0LL

Nov 20, 2017
Hello, community.

I am requesting help as I'm experiencing issues for trying to run the Emergency Software Recovery for my Samsung Note 5 via Smart Switch.

If I connect my device while it's turned on, the software simply recognizes my device (showing up its details such as capacity, model name and phone number) and gives me the options to backup and restore.

But when I go to More>Emergency Software Recovery , I can't proceed to flash a stock firmware version of the device as it asks me of a code. So I googled and found out that to access the option to do that, I need to connect my device to Smart Switch while my device is on 'Download Mode'.

My phone is currently stuck in Odin mode with the following strings:

ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST

CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
FAP LOCK: OFF

Secure Download: Enabled
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0x0303)
AP SWAEV: B:4 K:1 S:2

Downloading...
Do not turn off target

The device is connected to my PC into Smart Switch, but the software can't apparently recognize my phone anymore and it's displaying the following message:

Capture.PNG

The problem is that I essentially cannot access the "initialization" tab in the More>Emergency Software Recovery even in this state. What I see is this:

Capture2.PNG

when I actually should be able to see this:

image.png

How can I proceed?

Last edited:
Reactions: singhk0ng
Solutions.png

UPDATE: I have found a solution myself, so I am going to post it here for whoever had, have or will have to go through my same issue.

Samsung's Smart Switch latest versions have been removed the capability to reinitialize your phone.
This happened due to people abusing this function for debranding.

You can find and download an older version of the software provided with that option in this link:
downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201706/20170601113339558/Smart_Switch_PC_Setup.exe

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
Solutions.png

UPDATE: I have found a solution myself, so I am going to post it here for whoever had, have or will have to go through my same issue.

Samsung's Smart Switch latest versions have been removed the capability to reinitialize your phone.
This happened due to people abusing this function for debranding.

You can find and download an older version of the software provided with that option in this link:
downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201706/20170601113339558/Smart_Switch_PC_Setup.exe

hi there.. i need help!!!

i followed this procedure but the smart switch that i used says, "SM-N920C" does not support initializing..

upload_2021-10-28_13-15-34.png

can you help me with this pleaseeeeeee... tried everything even in samsung kies it does not support..

hope you can see this and respond to it asap..

thanks...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones