• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Emoji icons with stock keyboard?

The GO SMS keyboard shows the "sender" the emojis, but not the receiver, unless the receiver uses GO SMS or an iPhone.

Android had emojis up to Froyo, but with Gingerbread on, we have "Andy" icons. I think if you send a message to the iPhone, the get the icon as HTML code....

I am not a fan of the Andy icons. 1/2 the time I don't know which one I'm choosing cause they all look the same.

Upvote 0
Here's what confuses me: My wife has an Iphone 5, and it did indeed come with the emoji's included. Whenever she texts me, I can view her emoji's, they are completely visible on my device. I can even copy them, add them to the clipboard and use them myself, however there seems to be no way to reproduce them...

If my Note2 can see and display them, why can't I send them too?

Upvote 0
Here's what confuses me: My wife has an Iphone 5, and it did indeed come with the emoji's included. Whenever she texts me, I can view her emoji's, they are completely visible on my device. I can even copy them, add them to the clipboard and use them myself, however there seems to be no way to reproduce them...

If my Note2 can see and display them, why can't I send them too?

You need a emoji app for sending empojis

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones