• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Emoji works best with what app?

Daniel12490

Lurker
Jul 31, 2013
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and android as well! I just switched from my iphone 4 to the new samsung galaxy s4. And I could not be any happier! It is not that I hate apple or anything of that nature, I was just in the need for a change! One thing I have been missing is emojis. I found them to be really cool to send to different people and add something extra to my texting! And well I have not been able to figure out how to enable emojis to send to both android and iphone users! Are there any apps that will help me with this issue? Also, sometimes when I receive picture message, it will just tell me downloading and nothing ever happens, and when I send picture messages to friends it takes forever and a day for my phone to send these messages? Any help in these issues will be much appreciated! Thank you all in advance!!

BTW, my phone is on the Verizon network and is 4g LTE. Incase that may help!

Use Handcent SMS to replace the stock SMS app on the S4. Then download the emoji plugin. This would allow you to send and receive emoji's to iPhones.

As for picture messages, it depends on how you send them. If you are sending them via the messaging app, it will be sent as an MMS message. It will only send via a mobile data connection, and not on WiFi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones