• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Empire building

Quboid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Londonderry, UK
Any suggestions for a city or empire building game, in the style of SimCity (before, you know, ...), Civilization or Anno. Games that are more about creating than destroying.

I don't mind paying, but none of this paying for in-game tokens nonsense.

I've played the SimCity 2000 port, it's a little clunky and dated but not bad. The Kairosoft games are rather stale and limited in scope. I find turn based suits gaming, at least for me and my device (Samsung Galaxy Note 2), but I'm very much open to real time or whatever.

I am out of the loop with regard to gaming, feel free to suggest stuff from a while back.

Any suggestions for a city or empire building game, in the style of SimCity (before, you know, ...), Civilization or Anno. Games that are more about creating than destroying.

I don't mind paying, but none of this paying for in-game tokens nonsense.

I've played the SimCity 2000 port, it's a little clunky and dated but not bad. The Kairosoft games are rather stale and limited in scope. I find turn based suits gaming, at least for me and my device (Samsung Galaxy Note 2), but I'm very much open to real time or whatever.

I am out of the loop with regard to gaming, feel free to suggest stuff from a while back.

I have been playing the crap out of a game called The Meegos. It is one of the play store picks right now and let me tell you it is super fun. There are iaps for things called Crystal skulls, but you can also earn them for free in the game. I hate iaps but you can actually play this game without them. It is definitely worth a shot if you like the sim city style games.

Upvote 0
Those both use IAP. Even if they can be earned in-game, that tends to be slow and the game is compromised by them. City Island is the same.

You're not gonna find very many games that are worth playing that don't include iaps or paying for the app up front. Hate to say it but nobody makes a game without the intention of making money off that game. Good luck tho hope you find what you need

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones