1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Employee Plan delay?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bencurt24, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

so i've been waiting for this phone for quite awhile now just like a lot of other people. Here is what i'm worried about. I'm due for an upgrade and if i get a new phone before Oct 2nd I'll get one more year of eligibility in stead of the 20 months that they are going to on the second. From what i've heard they have this phone at the sprint store still so its not like they are all sold out... Does anyone think it will be available to employees before the second? if not what phone should i get? Thanks

Advertisement

2. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member

I'm not an employee, but I am on an employee referral plan. The sprint employees told me that I am as restricted as they are to buying new phones. I was able to buy the phone the day it came out. I did order it via phone with customer service though. I didn't have a problem at all so I imagine you wouldn't have a problem either. It is definitely worth asking. I imagine I was allowed to get it because sprint still considers the Evo 3D its "flagship" phone

3. please help

please help Newbie

How did you get it on the employee referall plan. I have a friend who works for sprint and am on his plan with the family and friends. I called sprint this morning and they told me I had to wait until the phone comes available to employees.

4. brownhornet

brownhornet Android Enthusiast

He probably paid full price for it. I dont think it'll take long though.. they released the 3D for employee plans 3 days after it released for everyone else. If I were you i'd live chat the advantage club on the Sprint site to see when it comes available. They usually know the date if it's not too far off.

5. bencurt24

I'm in the same boat you are in.... What i don't get is that sprint stores that I know of are not selling out of the phones yet the employee i know said he got an email that said something like there is a delay for employee's and the people they have on their plans. I'm just worried it might not come to employees before the second of october.

6. please help

please help Newbie

Ya I agree. Hopefully it comes as quick as the Evo 3d did. Heck if the rumors are true and it doesnt come untill then one has to contemplate waiting for the iphone

7. bencurt24

Personally i think the iphone is out of the question..... Depending on how long you can wait.... I see them releasing it mid oct to late and i'd bet it won't be available to employees until march or april....

8. Justinlara313

Justinlara313 Member

Radio Shack just made it available for their employees. 50 bucks! Ordered mine yesterday and couldn't be more excited

9. please help

please help Newbie

To bad that doesn't apply to those on the sprint employees account haha

10. bencurt24

Yea no sh*t...... i've been waiting for this phone for 2 months..... I just want to get it before oct 2nd before we more to the 20 month upgrades in stead of the 12 months we are on now....

11. Justinlara313

Justinlara313 Member

It makes up for all the other ways radio Shack employees get shafted. The strange part is that the conquer is 100$, and the photon and Evo3d are both 200$ for employees.. The gs2 is clearly the superior phone, so I wonder why they'd promote it like that when we don't even sell it in store yet

12. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member

I got mine subsidized and I got it by calling. Maybe if you call customer service and try again? It could also be I ordered mine first thing in the morning. They may not have added a restriction until they saw how popular it was? All I know is I called told them I wanted a new phone and I got one.

13. jeffvb9

jeffvb9 Newbie

There is a difference between the employee referral program and the SWAC ( Sprint Wireless Advantage Club). If you are on a employees plan (SWAC) then you are considered an employee basically and have to wait until they are available for employees. Employee Referral is different and you may be eligible right away. I live near the Spring HQ and have heard this Sun Sept 25 the phone will be available for employees.

I hope this is true because I want that $125 credit for porting in from ATT if I do so by Oct. 1.

14. bencurt24

Man i hope you are right..... The guy i know that works at sprint believes that alot of people are holding out for the iphone so he doesn't think it should be that much longer either.... i would be hella excited if it came out on sunday!

15. please help

please help Newbie

I hope you are right about sunday, otherwise I might have to go with the Photon. My instinct is shot

16. M5Rahul

M5Rahul Well-Known Member

SGS 2 available on Oct 1 for employees. $199

You can pre-order at sprint rewards / rewards plus. Ships October 1, 2011.

Oh, btw, rewards plus entitles you to an upgrade every 6 months :)

17. bencurt24

Where did you get that info?

18. please help

please help Newbie

I am curious too. Not sure why sprint would wait that long to release it to its employees when other phones have been released much quicker. Hopefully this is not true

19. M5Rahul

Sprint Rewards Plus

Use your Sprint Email or participating Vendor ID to login.

20. M5Rahul

Per Sprint's Reward Program for employees.

21. please help

please help Newbie

That doesnt help with the release to employees though. I am curious how this will effect me in particular as being on the employee account but not actually being an employee. How do you get signed into that?

22. bencurt24

ok i'm a little confused.... is the sprint rewards program the same as the advantage club program...??

23. bencurt24

This def isn't the same as the advantage club plan that the employees are on. We are only allowed to upgrade our phones once a year. You must be on a different plan......

24. jeffvb9

jeffvb9 Newbie

As I stated previously...the rewards program is for actual Sprint employees. SWAC is for friends and family of Sprint employees. There is also the Sprint referral program for friends and family but the rates arent as good as SWAC and you are tied to a contract. SWAC members arent tied to a contract. This is the reason I am switching from ATT to Sprint SWAC. Really hoping I can get this phone Sunday but if they move it back to Oct 1 then I am going to buy another phone and exchange it with the Epic Touch within 14 days so I can get that $125 credit for porting over from ATT

25. bencurt24

I'm on the plan that lets you update once a year..... What phone are you going to get if you can't get the epic?