1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Empty/Blank Notification Icon On Notification Bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevin95, Aug 13, 2012.

1. kevin95

kevin95 Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but there's a blank icon on my notification bar. Does anyone know how to fix this? [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ganj_420

ganj_420 Well-Known Member

It must be a background service that needs to be in the notification shade so it has priority and doesn't get killed. Could be a battery saver app or something like Tasker, a lot of them have an option for "no icon" but it actually still takes up a space in the notification shade even with no actual notification. I would look in background services under apps in settings and see if you have any apps installed that would need to take up one of those spaces. Hope that helps

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have an app called 1-tap Quickbar that does this. It lets you put a row of shortcuts/toggles in your notif. drop-down, but adds an icon to the top bar. The icon can be changed to transparent in the settings.
    Apparently, this is just the way it is with android- anything that gets added to the drop-down shade must have an icon at the top.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews