• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Emulator process is immediately killed in Android Studio

Hi,

I have installed Android Studio in a new laptop, and now I cannot get AVD to work. When I try to run a device, I get a message
Code:
"The emulator process for AVD <AVD-name> was killed"
immediately after launching the device. I have tried with API 29 and 30. I have installed the following tools
LVRZJ.png

If I try to run the emulator by command line I get:

Code:
C:\Users\Nuno\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator>emulator.exe -avd Nexus_6_API_30
emulator: Android emulator version 30.6.5.0 (build_id 7324830) (CL:N/A)
handleCpuAcceleration: feature check for hvf
added library vulkan-1.dll
Failed to open /qemu.conf, err: 2
HAX is working and emulator runs in fast virt mode.
emulator: INFO: GrpcServices.cpp:315: Started GRPC server at 127.0.0.1:8554, security: Local
emulator: INFO: EmulatorAdvertisement.cpp:93: Advertising in: C:\Users\Nuno\AppData\Local\Temp\avd\running\pid_11172.ini
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
C:\Users\Nuno\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\qemu\windows-x86_64\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: error while loading state for instance 0x0 of device 'goldfish_pipe'
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
deleteSnapshot: for default_boot
VCPU shutdown request
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
Failed to sync vcpu reg
emulator: Saving state on exit with session uptime 25 ms
VCPU shutdown request

I think everything is the same as what I had in the other laptop, expect in this one I am using HAXM. But if I unistall HAXM, I cannot launch a device in AVD, and I have to install it again. I don't know if it is related to the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Nuno

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones