1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Emulator vs real device on my google play. Please help.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by darrinh69, Aug 10, 2016.

1. darrinh69

darrinh69 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2016
    Male
    i have an unknown device that appeared on my google play device list in 2014 as a Samsung GT19100 T-mobile. When we first noticed this device my wife became concerned that I may have a second phone that I was hiding from her and it really hurt her. Well, through some early investigation I discovered that this device was possibly an emulator created from me previously downloading blue stacks. I've never had an account with TMobile and actually have never owned an android device. Several calls to google support have not been any help proving that this device is just an emulator because they act like they have never heard of blue stacks. Calls to TMobile support have rendered no help and I've also called Samsung. A messaging app and something called starred in android are the only activity I've seen through this device when it first appeared. I was unfamiliar with an emulator or how it worked when I downloaded blue stacks to my then Samsung laptop. I didn't even know or realize that an unknown device had been added to my google play until my wife noticed almost 3 months later. I've messaged blue stacks and have exchanged some emails but I don't have the Samsung laptop anymore so they seem stuck on telling me what to do just to prove that this device is just an emulator and not an actual device. Surely there is something simple I could do to prove this either way. Maybe sounds silly but I need some way to prove that this unknown device is an emulator one way or the other. I hope someone out there can lead me in the right direction please.

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    That GT19100l is a Galaxy S2, do you recall maybe trying to help a friend out who had an older Samsung phone and needing to log into your Google account back on the date shown in 2014? That's all it takes to add a device to the listing. But yeah, the 'My Devices' list in Google Play doesn't give you much control over managing old devices, it's trivial get an item listed but not to delete it. Have you ticked the 'Hide in menu' box so at least it's not listed in the showing up in your general Google Play app windows?

3. darrinh69

darrinh69 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the reply. I believe it's an emulator put on there by blue stacks but I'm having a real hard time proving that it's not a real device. I need to find a way to positively prove that this device is an emulator and not a device I'm secretly using. Any help would be awesome. I'm at my wits end.