• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Emulators in 32-bit Android Studio

JimIvey

Lurker
Sep 14, 2015
I've been trying all sorts of things to install an .apk into an emulator in Studio without success. I've been all over Google looking at suggestions without success.

There are a couple clues I'd like to ask about.

First, I get warnings that the 32-bit binaries are depricated and will disappear soon (yes, I'm on a 32-bit system). So, I'm wondering if emulators just don't work with the 32-bit binaries.

Second, I get warnings that a newer version of Android Studio is available. I tried the updater that I'm pretty sure goes with Studio and it downloads updates, but doesn't seem to update Studio itself. I could download the newest version of Studio and reinstall, I suppose, but Studio recommends using the updater.

I didn't worry about the not-quite-newest Studio issue, but then noticed a warning in the emulator that out-of-date Studio emulators might not render properly.

I assume I can't get a good emulator until I upgrade to a 64-bit system. Or, is it possible to get this working before then?

Many thanks in advance!

Many thanks! In the morning, I'll ask my good friend, Mr. Google, about both of those. I'll report what I find here. FWIW, my desktop is (k)ubuntu, not windows....

I developed the app in Java using netbeans but then tried to migrate to Android Studio to convert it into an Android app. It's nice to hear there might be an Android solution within NetBeans.

I'm new here. But, so far, this seems like a friendly and helpful place. I'm grateful for this.

Regards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones