• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eMyShoppingList: Android app to manage shopping list

A3G

Nov 19, 2010
Spain
Hi, here an Android app to manage the shopping list: eMyShoppingList - Lista de la compra.

The app is in Android Market with the following features:

Multi-lingual: Spanish and English. No need to configure the language in the application. The language is set out in the phone and the items preloaded on the application are those of the phone language. If the phone language is not English or Spanish, then the default language will be English

Easy to use and quick

Extensive database of preloaded items: over 360 in Spanish and over 250 in English. The items are loaded into the database the first time you start the application

The application has a tab that displays the items of the shopping list, a tab with usual items that can be copied to the shopping list, another tab to add products to the lists and / or database and a tab to change the name of any item preloaded into the database or delete it

The application has been tested to avoid the occurrence of errors that impede its use. It has been tested on devices with Android Platform 1.5, 1.6, 2.0.1, 2.1 and 2.2

User can send shopping list by email

More info: eMyShoppingList - Lista de la compra

Use QR-CODE to download it and enjoy!

Attachments

• qr_img2.png
    qr_img2.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 62
There is a new version of the application, version 1.1, which makes the application even more complete. The changes are:

You can sort lists by various criteria: last added at the end, last added to the top and alphabetically
Items selected in Shopping List tab are not disabled when changing tab
You can add items to the lists from the Items tab directly
Browse all items from the database in the same window in the Items tab (ALL option)
Bugfixes: Now, you can add new items that include the character ' (apostrophe)

What's your opinion?

Upvote 0
Hi A3G

I have made one of those myself. Mine is a bit simpler, however, as in 'less is more' :)

Mine doesn't use a pre-configured database of items. Instead, I have an auto-complete text box which remembers what was previously on the list. So the App 'learns' what the user buys.

Why do your App require internet access and GPS? That shouldn't be necessary for a simple shopping list. I'm always wary of giving permission to programs whose author I don't know.

You can see a screenshot of an early version here, if you're interested:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13429794/ShoppingList_No_Prices.png

/Nicolai

Upvote 0
After eMyShoppingList I present my new free game: Bye Bubble.

This is a game of bubbles but different from the original game. In this case you will get the bubbles from the board and group them, but you will have some obstacles.

Hope you have fun and encourage you to leave me comments.

Thanks and regards.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a3g.byebubble

Attachments

• BB-QR.png
    BB-QR.png
    411 bytes · Views: 60
  • Ingles01.png
    Ingles01.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones