• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "En" on Status Bar? Help!

e2daric

Jan 7, 2010
Hi all,

I just got my Evo 4G Shift as a replacement for my Samsung Moment, and I'm already missing my moment...

I downloaded Handcent for SMS and I get this problem:

When I go to type an SMS with my physical QWERTY board, and the phone is already slid open, the auto-punctuation (changing "cant" to "can't", etc) works just fine.

HOWEVER, when the phone is closed and I select a conversation then slide my phone open, this "EN" appears in the status bar and it prevents my auto-correction from happening.

It is very irritating. I've tried changing all of the settings in my phone and in Handcent to no avail...can anyone offer some suggestions?

And no, the phone is not showing "FN" -- so I am not selecting function or anything like that. It displays "EN"..... I've also made sure the latest software and firmware is installed (it is).

Thanks to anyone who can help out!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones