1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Enable External Market Links?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drakinite, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Drakinite

Drakinite Lurker

I have a working rooted kindle fire HD 7", with the Google Play app working fine, but of course, when opening a GP market link either from the internet or from within another app, the Kindle blocks it. Is there an APK file or something I can delete to disable it, like how I disabled the ads on the lock screen? If not, is there a way I can do it anyway?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

i dont know about the kindle fire but usually you can go to Settings / Device / Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources

3. midsomerjambo

midsomerjambo Lurker

I think that what nyydynasty suggests will allow you to download and side-load APK files that you might get from locations other than the Amazon store. However, having installed such an app, if the app tries to access external markets, you still get the pop-up and it fails.

As an example, I have just side-loaded an app from Transport from Edinburgh which should, in theory, allow me to purchase bus and tram m-tickets. However, when I select that option, I get the pop up and my only options are to go to the Amazon store (where they definitely don't sell Edinburgh bus tickets) or cancel the operation. So if there was a way to sidestep this kindle check, it would be good to know what it is.

Regards, MSJ