• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Enable Jit on LG Optimus S, One, Vortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
strangely, this seems to make the phone (or at least launcherpro) kinda sluggish. Any ideas how to solve this?

It certainly does wonders for Linpack, though :) 3.9 vs 7

Jit doesn't work well with all apps but works great on most. For example eclair on ally I had to rebuild calculator.apk from aosp against newer libraries. Is dropping launcherpro worth the performance gain on everything else?

Upvote 0
I haven't noticed a performance gain on anything, tbh :) just sluggishness in Launcherpro. I'll test some more in the next couple days (do you recommend clearing the dalvik cache when toggling between JIT and no-JIT?).

Do you know of any app where you feel a real-world performance difference? (games spring to mind; didn't test angry birds, might try tonight)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones