1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

enable security settings custom rom

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by rcb8dboy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. rcb8dboy

rcb8dboy Lurker

hello

I have created for 5 devices custom roms for myself to learn.
    Now i have the iocean x8 and ran into a problem with the security setting.
    Superuser is standard installed but not enabled.
    The security xml is empty and no settings to find in the bools?
    Settings_header.xml
    HTML:
    2. <header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_security" android:id="@id/security_settings" android:title="@string/security_settings_title" android:fragment="com.android.settings.SecuritySettings" />
    So i look at the security_settings and thats what i find there.
    The xml is empty.

HTML:
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/security_settings_title"
    3.  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />
    I search all the settings xml and find what i looking for in security_settings_misc.

HTML:
    1.  </com.android.settings.FunuiPreferenceCategory>
    2.     <com.android.settings.FunuiPreferenceCategory android:persistent="false" android:title="@string/device_admin_title" android:key="device_admin_category">
    3.         <Preference android:persistent="false" android:layout="@layout/funui_preference_top_vertical" android:title="@string/manage_device_admin" android:summary="@string/manage_device_admin_summary" android:fragment="com.android.settings.DeviceAdminSettings" />
    4.         <com.android.settings.advanced.PersonalSwitchPreference android:layout="@layout/funui_switch_preference_normal" android:title="@string/personal_settings_superuser_title" android:key="personal_settings_superuser" android:summary="@string/personal_settings_superuser_summary" android:fragment="com.koushikdutta.superuser.PolicyNativeFragment" />
    5.         <com.android.settings.FunuiCheckBoxPreference android:persistent="false" android:title="@string/install_applications" android:key="toggle_install_applications" android:summaryOn="@string/install_unknown_applications" android:summaryOff="@string/install_unknown_applications" />
    6.         <com.android.settings.FunuiCheckBoxPreference android:persistent="false" android:title="@string/verify_applications" android:key="toggle_verify_applications" android:summaryOn="@string/verify_applications_summary" android:summaryOff="@string/verify_applications_summary" />
    7.         <Preference android:persistent="false" android:title="@string/manage_notification_access" android:key="manage_notification_access" android:fragment="com.android.settings.NotificationAccessSettings" />
    8.     </com.android.settings.FunuiPreferenceCategory>
    But in the bools of the settings apk there is no option to enable anything.
    To be sure is search the string to enable non market apps and i find the bool not in settings.apk but in settingsprovider.apk.
    So the menu is listing in setting and the bool is in settingsprovider?
    But again no option to enable superuser by default.

Second question.
    To enter the recovery of the x8 the usb cable must be connected to the pc or wall plug.
    I want to disable this so i can enter te recovery every moment.
    I have upacked my boot.img an ensucered the boot by setten te ro.secure at 0 but in did'n find a way to disable that the usb cabel must be plugged in.

can someone help me out with these 2 problems ,if needed i can set de decompiled apk's and bootimg online .

grts b,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download