• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Enable USB debugging now

Welcome to Android Forums, larrylovell93!

I'm afraid that your posts in this thread have me scratching my head. :thinking: Let's try to break things down.
My device shows in notification bar that be Wi-Fi internet on this phone is having trouble with Root
Did you root your phone? What exactly are you seeing? Posting a screenshot would be helpful.
and that the USB debugging app needs to be turned on
Are you connecting the phone to a computer? Again, an exact description or, preferably, a screenshot would help.

Please tell us the manufacturer and model of your phone, which Android version you're using, and if you're its original owner.

Upvote 0
^ Exactly this. I can't make sense of what you are saying about these notifications: can you post the exact text or upload a screenshot so we can know what you are seeing.

And if I can add to Moody's list of questions, have you rooted the phone or ever tried to do so?

Please turn on the debugging by and fix my internet connection
We can't do that. Even if we were Google (which we are not, just other Android users) and we knew who you were (which we don't) we wouldn't be able to do that. USB debugging isn't an app, or rather it's not an app on your phone: it's something you enable on the phone (via the hidden "developer options" menu) that allows an application called ADB that you install on a computer to connect to the phone via USB.

So if you have a notification telling you to enable usb debugging then it must be one of your apps that is asking for this. So which app is producing this notification? There are some that will do so, since there are a few things you can enable on an unrooted phone via ADB (some backup or theming apps come to mind), but this should only appear when you try to run one of those apps. So we need to know what you are doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And if I can add to Moody's list of questions, have you rooted the phone or ever tried to do so?
Wait! Who said "Did you root your phone?" :eek: :p ;) :D

But it didn't occur to me to ask if they'd ever tried to...I'm glad you did. It kind of sounds like a failed rooting attempt, doesn't it?--although it's rather hard to tell...

Reactions: Hadron and lvt
Upvote 0
View attachment 145540

batdroid.png
wtf.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones