• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Enabled Auto Matic update for market apps, still won't auto update

Legato

Jun 10, 2010
Milford MA
So one of the cool things about Froyo is being able to check off Enable Automatic Update for market apps. So i have that checked off for like 80+% of my 80+ apps (that took a while to do let me tell you). Now i have had three apps have updates available since i checked off the box, yet they never actually automatically updated. I waited, hours, still never updated. Is there a setting i need to modify? Do i need to tell it what time of day to do it? Anyone else noticing this?? I only really want it in apps that i don't care about reading the new features. But it is annoying that i have it enabled and it does nothing. :(

I don't suggest anyone use automatic update even if it does work. Update doesn't mean upgrade. I have seen many features removed in updates. Also, I have seen compatibility issues. For example, something that used to be for DX, now only works for the HTC Evo, because the developer no longer has a DX, and got the Evo. I suggest ALWAYS reading all the latest user comments on the app before updating. Twidroid, soundhound, and Pandora are just a few examples. Hope this makes you feel better! Lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones