1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

enabling boot animations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andriodadmirer, Aug 8, 2012.

1. andriodadmirer

andriodadmirer Android Enthusiast

does anyone know where in the file system that the files that give permission for boot animations to even work and allow you to change them are located

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andriodadmirer

can someone tell me where the files are located that enable boot animations or the files that give permission to allow you to change them

3. Diego1593

Diego1593 Android Enthusiast

You just put them in the system/media and place it their and replace the bootanimation their

4. Close this thread my friend you already have one already....;)

5. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Also you made two of the same thread so you might wanna request one of them be closed

6. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Dude ! I just looked at your signature. I've watched your youtube videos. Awesome.

gaazakid876 likes this.
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Dupe threads merged

8. andriodadmirer

acually i mean the root files to even allow boot animations on the phone i guess the script maybe?

9. Thanks dude...more will be out soon

KageBeast likes this.
  10. andriodadmirer

how do i do that i have never used or been on a forum ever so sorry if i seem out of place

11. andriodadmirer

i mean the script or files that you need to even allow boot animations to be on the phone the root files that gives permission or allows boot animations do you know where they are?

12. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Android Enthusiast

I think he means enabling the bootanimation.zip.. Flashing a custom ROM could head you in the right direction. Most newer ROMs have bootanimations enabled. From there you can use an app like ROM Toolbox to change them out.

13. andriodadmirer

no i mean if i were in a rom that didnt allow changing boot animations what files or script would i have to change so that they were enabled or allowed

14. Spz0

Spz0 Android Expert

In order to allow for proper boot animations on the admire, you need to first delete samsungloop (all located in /system/bin) and rename bootanimation to samsungloop.
    Then you need to create a kernel service to stop samsungloop when the OS is loaded or the animation will loop endlessly.
    Alternately:
    There is a real dirty hack, in where you modify samsungloop to loop your animation for "x" seconds ("x" being time in second of ani loop) then stop -
    for example:
    Code (Text):
    1. #20 sec loop for bootani
    2. #!/system/bin/sh
    3. /system/bin/bootanimation &
    4. sleep 20
    5. kill $
    6. #end bootani
    - but this is an extremely sloppy way to do it, because if your OS takes longer than 20 sec to load (ie: first boot) you just get a black screen. Conversely if your OS only takes 5 seconds to load, you've gotta stare at your animation for another 15 sec. Sucky way to do it, but it works also.

15. LatestAvon

LatestAvon Member

were you able to use a custom rom on your admire? i have only heard "rom will brick admire"

16. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

Noo no noono ROM MANAGER will.brick your phone as in the app from the playstore. Putting a rom on the Admire is easy. There wouldn't be so many roms for this phone if flashing a rom onto the phone would brick it.

17. LatestAvon

LatestAvon Member

ok that message confused me. lol so ROM MANGER will brick the phone but putting a rom on will not. ... how do i do that? can you ssend me a link to somewhere that i can find out? or can you tell me how to step by step? im a total noob here. lol I cant even get a bootani to work properly. ... probably because i need a different kernel and maybe even a differnt rom. the admire likes to have things installed and pulled from unique locations.

18. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Yeah there are certain things you can do with rom manager that wont brick it but most of it will brick it so it's just better to avoid it. And the bootanimation doesn't have anything to do with the kernel I think.. And you flash roms through clockwork mod. And since you're a noob you should read this http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/452614-samsung-admire-all-things-root-guide-updated-09-dec-2012-a.html . There's a link to a guide on how to install clockwork mod and also different roms.

LatestAvon likes this.
  19. LatestAvon

LatestAvon Member

YAY! Thank you! lol I thought rom manager meant all roms. ty for clearing that up for me. .. YAY homework :D ::giddy school girl:::D

LOL i was actually just watching a video you had posted a while ago on installing clockworkmod lol you da beast, man! you da beast!

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews