• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Enabling HDMI out.

it may not be if it has the drivers or not, it may not have the hardware..

I know this has been addressed, it's in buildprop as false, I guess that means not enabled if you change it to read true would that mean it would work or have the hardware? How would you find out if the hardware exists in the phone?

Upvote 0
in the kernel src itself it says its not capable, but the Ascends said the same thing about multitouch too. So if it is actually capable it will prolly require recompiling the kernel. I think the MTL.apk was already on the Connect stock and I havent looked to see if its sister models does it or not.

Do you think you would be able to incorporate this into an update for blackplague!

Upvote 0
I was thinking maybe their would be a way for the headphone jack to allow use of HDMI if this could ever be made to work, or the charge port but I don't know if that's possible.

Guys in another forum here are wondering the same thing via a kernel mod for the USB port. Personally, I think that it's not happening, because not only do you have route live video, you have be able to do at a high rate and provide your own video scaling in software (phone resolution to tv resolution).

Probably part of the reason that the MHL adapter also provides charging to the phone at the same time - lot of work going on there.

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
The headphone jack is analog, HDMI is digital. That would NEVER be able to happen,a nd even in the RARE (stupid) occasion someone took the time to code something that COULD push HDMI signals THROUGH analog you damn for sure wouldn't get HD. You'd get 480p at best.
It would be a waste of time for the coder, and poor sap that use it IMHO. You'd have better luck pushing HDMI signals through the USB port.
Albeit the usb port is a charging port but it's still a media port at heart. There's more a chance of you being able to push some sort of composite, or digital signal through it than you could through the headphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones