• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Encrypted S5 Sport Not Accepting My Boot Password

M

MrKram

Hi Android Forums,

I have a Android S5 Sport from Sprint with the latest Marshmallow version and the data encrypted. It's been working perfectly until I restarted it this afternoon. On the boot screen where I enter my password to decrypt the phone and enter the OS, I put it in and it says incorrect password. I've tried entering it many times and also a capitalization variation, but no luck. I estimate I've had 15 password attempts so far.

I've been using the same encryption password forever, even back when my phone was encrypted with Lollipop. I haven't changed any system settings recently and am not sure if something changed with my phone or it's my user error.

Is there a chance the encryption password was corrupted or changed somehow? I'd love to have my password work so I don't lose my recent photos I haven't backed up with a phone wipe. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones