1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support End Call button unresponsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SharpHawk, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SharpHawk

SharpHawk New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Hello,

Every now and then the End Call button will refuse to work (it doesn't even get highlighted when pressed), usually for up to 5 seconds. As you can imagine this can make ending a conversation considerably awkward. Any ideas as to what would be causing this? I first thought it could be the proximity sensor/screen lock, but the screen would have to turn off when this is in effect, which it doesn't. I can see the screen perfectly, I just can't interact with the End Call button.

Is there any other way to end calls?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Himmad

Himmad Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Photographer
    Texas
    Try calling your voicemail and setting it on a table, then see if you are able to press the END button on screen.

Sounds like a screen problem or a software problem.

Also try this:
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Setting button>Filter>All>

Scroll to Phone>clear data, and reboot your phone.

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Burlington City, NJ
    i use to have a similar problem with the end button not ending a call. then i rooted and customed, and problem solved.

4. blueatlanta

blueatlanta Member

Aug 24, 2010
    i found the easiest solution is to just wait about 2 seconds before trying to hang up and it will work. if you hit it right away it won't work for some reason. i believe this has something to do with the screen lock feature when the sensor senses your face

5. SharpHawk

SharpHawk New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Will I lose any personal data if I do this?

6. simkin101

simkin101 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Some, yes. I don't remember everything that goes, but I think your text messages, any emails, your contacts, etc. So make sure everything is backed up that you need. Oh, and your downloaded market apps will need to be re-downloaded.

However, I do want to say one thing here-- I had this problem once. And it has never happened again. And the only thing I did differently is that I was playing around with different sound effects. I think I was messing with one of those silly gun shooting apps. Anyway, I considered that maybe my problem was just that the system was hung up from some extra app that I had been playing with. I rebooted the phone, and as I mentioned, that END CALL problem has never come up again.