• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

End Key function disabled since 2.1 update

mk05-hj09

Lurker
May 16, 2010
I've searched around quite a bit without any success, but has anyone else experienced any issues in relation to the end key function after the 2.1 OTA firmware update? I had spare parts installed when I was running version 1.5 and had the function of the end key set to "home, then sleep", and I would use the end key to lock the phone screen to prevent pocket dialing, etc. Since the update I received OTA this morning, the key has been unresponsive with the exception of it's normal function of the power off menu when holding the key down or ending a call.

The screen will time-out as set (I changed mine to 15 seconds so I can lock the screen more quickly) and lock, but I'd really like the function restored. I un-installed spare parts and restarted the phone as I felt that it might be causing the issue as my wife's Eris' end key is functioning normally after update. However, no such luck as the key is still not working for me. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated, thanks in advance.

I was having the same problem...

From what I found by reading another thread.. (have to go find the thread) Just changed the action from "home, to sleep" to just "go to sleep" in Spare Parts. And the end key will work.. it won't go home.. but at least it will go to sleep

It was bugging the crap out of me that i couldn't get the phone to turn off, and I kept rebooting.

Reactions: mk05-hj09
Upvote 0
I was having the same problem...

From what I found by reading another thread.. (have to go find the thread) Just changed the action from "home, to sleep" to just "go to sleep" in Spare Parts. And the end key will work.. it won't go home.. but at least it will go to sleep

It was bugging the crap out of me that i couldn't get the phone to turn off, and I kept rebooting.

Right on man, thanks a million for that one. I just altered the settings, apparently something doesn't exactly jive with 2.1 and the "home, then sleep" function, but thankfully I at least have the sleep function restored! Man I was losing my mind there for a minute! Thanks again!

Reactions: cmerrtt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones