• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

End (red) key lower then send (green) key?

Jessica1980

Lurker
Feb 23, 2010
Hi everyone. I just received my new Hero with Google from Sprint and LOVE it. Question is - Every time I press my end (red) key I can barely feel the "click" so-to-speak and it is slightly lower then my send (green) key. Point being, is everyones Hero with Google from Sprint like this? Both keys function perfectly but I just don't want that end key to malfunction in the future. Should I get it exchanged? Thank you in advance for everyones responses :)

My girlfriend's is the same way! Happened 1 day out of the 30 day return period. She's not happy and guess who has to hear all about it... We are probably just going to exchange it under warranty, but she wants to make sure she gets a brand new phone, not a refurbed one. I don't blame her though, no reason to pay for a new phone, only to get a refurbed on a month later

Upvote 0
im sorry but i need to chime in on this one

IT IS A PHONE. A PHONE. A PHONE. A PHONE.

not a pacemaker, or a diabetic syringe, or a spaceship, or a jet plane.

A PHONE.

calm down.

It's a phone that she paid 180 bucks for, not have it break, but to last her over 2 years! How is she suppose to have any faith in this PHONE if it's broken within 4 weeks of owning it?

Upvote 0
The red button is slightly lower and doesn't "click" as loud or as easily as the green one intentionally. It is designed that way so that you don't accidentally press it and disconnect your call. Unless it is unusally loud or hard to press it's fine.

Really, thats funny because my end call button works EXACTLY like the send button. EVERY other hero i've used is the exact way mine is. The buttons are exactly the same. My girlfriends phone was just like mine, both buttons up and with a slight "click" to them, up until a few weeks ago. The tech even said it was broken and wanted to replace the phone, but again, she doesn't want a refurbed one.

Upvote 0
So I decided to bring the phone in to get it exchanged and immediately after telling the Sprint rep "this red button" - she interrupted me and said "let me guess, you can't feel it click and its lower then the green button right?". I said, yes. She then said "I'll exchange it for another new one because this is an HTC assembly problem and we have had a lot of people coming into our Sprint corporate stores with the same problem". Problem solved :)

*And "sleejay" reminding people of the obvious "this is a phone" makes you seem narrow-minded. I, as well as many people do not "calm down" until they receive exactly what they paid for. Wether its a piece of gum etc.

Reactions: JonB and bmw_1
Upvote 0
So I decided to bring the phone in to get it exchanged and immediately after telling the Sprint rep "this red button" - she interrupted me and said "let me guess, you can't feel it click and its lower then the green button right?". I said, yes. She then said "I'll exchange it for another new one because this is an HTC assembly problem and we have had a lot of people coming into our Sprint corporate stores with the same problem". Problem solved :)

*And "sleejay" reminding people of the obvious "this is a phone" makes you seem narrow-minded. I, as well as many people do not "calm down" until they receive exactly what they paid for. Wether its a piece of gum etc.

Thanks for the update Jessica :) Now I know why my husband complains about that button getting stuck on his Hero. We are exchanging ours too.

Upvote 0
Although my buttons are at the same level on my Hero I've recently noticed something else that is pissing me off wit the end button. The finish around the outline of the phone symbol is peeling to the point where there's just some silver or whatever finish it is with a red blob. I've dropped my phone minimally, once on a concrete surface and then a few times on rugs and have a hard case. Granted the case doesn't protect the buttons but it does keep the phone slightly elevated above a surface if dropped. The phone is just about cosmetically perfect in every other way except for this unusual wearing problem. I'm well aware that this doesn't pertain directly to the topic and also that when the Hero first came out there were posts on the finish peeling but just felt the need to vent and see if anyone else has this exact issue. I'm a bit obsessive so even if in the end of the day it's just a phone it's my baby (sounds cheesy I know).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones