• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ending phone calls

Yes, the headset button will usually end the call, but the other day I was on the bluetooth headset and wanted to switch to speakerphone. I had to first unlock the screen before I could hit the "Speakerphone" button.

Is there a setting that distinguishes between the display turning off and using the power button or timeout to lock the phone? I could see that normal power saving rules would do both, but when a call is active it would be nice to just turn the screen off to conserve power without actually locking the device. The proximity sensor does a great job of this when using the phone as a handset, and I know there are a number of applications such as Navigation that prevent the phone from sleeping or the display from turning off, so this capability seems to be there. It may just be hidden.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones