1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Endtroducing...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amosher13, Sep 13, 2010.

1. amosher13

amosher13 Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Hey all,

Just moved up in the world from an old BB Pearl to the Samsung Epic 4G, pre-ordered and picked up on 8/31/10. I'm consider myself fairly proficient in computers, not an ace at anything but a jack of all trades. I like tinkering and customizing so of course the android os is a dream. I just read up on and successfully rooted my phone but still have a lot of questions and a lot to learn, thus, I am here.

Particularly right now my concerns are backing up my phone so I can try to get busybox installed so I can use Titanium backup to backup my phone... suggestions? Then I'm looking into the pro's of custom ROMs and hopefully getting a froyo build loaded, any input there is appreciated as well.

I'm sure I can find this stuff in the threads but it told me to say hi so here goes.

Allan

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :D

4. welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!

5. eggie

eggie Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Financial Analyst
    Malaysia
    Welcome! Glad you decided to join Android Forums. Have a nice stay here! :D

6. amosher13

amosher13 Member

Sep 13, 2010
    thanks all, i feel welcome already. I really enjoyed the vibe i picked up from even the rules of the forum, seems like the mods are really dedicated to keeping this a positive place so I'm happy to be here.

From what I've been reading it looks like i'm going to have to wait a bit for the amount of great stuff there is for other, less new, android devices (have the Samsung Epic). Cant wait til it starts popping up!