1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Engraving Not Possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Astronomer, May 28, 2010.

1. Astronomer

Astronomer Newbie

My T-Mobile contract is finally about to expire, so I went to purchase a Nexus One on Google's site. But when I tried to select the option to engrave the phone, it wouldn't let me, presenting with the message that "that engraving violates our editorial policy."

What does Google have against my daughter's name? :p

At first I thought the name I used was somehow "special", but I got the message no matter what I typed in. It wouldn't let me proceed without correcting the problem, but nothing I typed in would comply with their "editorial policy", and I couldn't find the text to said policy anywhere on their site.

Anyone else have this problem? I plan on keeping this phone for a long time, and I'd really like to have it engraved.

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

When does the error occur? I just tried it and had no problem, passed me over to the Google Cart log-in (which, of course, I didn't do).

Maybe it's compliance with Texas law. ;)

3. Astronomer

Astronomer Newbie

It occurs when I hit the Continue button. The non-compliance message appears above the field where I entered the text I want engraved.

Texas Law? "You'll never convict a baby of murder. Well, maybe in Texas." - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum.

Thanks for trying. I'll delete my cookies and see if that helps.

Edit:
    Deleting the NEXUS cookie did the trick. I should have thought of that first.

Good thing, too, because I was in the process of submitting court documents to change my daughter's name.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews