1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories "Enhanced" speakerphone on Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phaedrus57, May 4, 2011.

1. Phaedrus57

Phaedrus57 Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    How can I use my PC speakers and mic to provide a better "speakerphone" capability? I'm not talking about VOIP. My Droid IS my phone. Can I connect to my PC w/ Bluetooth or USB and use my PC speakers and mic as a speakerphone for calls on my Droid?

Advertisement

2. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    You can use the speakers, if they have the jack that will plug in to the headphone jack on your x. I do that, and it works great when I want to listen to something and the speaker is not loud enough. Your phone mic should pick up your voice just fine.

3. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

Use the headphone jack. It works great. I sold my iPod and use my phone as my MP3 player now in my truck. When a call comes through it will stop my music and connect my call. I talk without picking up my phone and hear them through my speakers. When the call ends my music comes right back on where it left off. It is great. The only thing I recommend is turning the text notification to silent and vibrate while listening to music. I send and receive a lot of texts and it is annoying to have your song stop and play the notification a bunch of times. Also turn the in call volume down as well. They will be super loud and scare the crap out of you as well as rattle your speakers. Hope this helps :rolleyes: