• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Entering Service Mode

I have attempted to enter the service mode via the dialer. Instead of actually entering the mode when I put a code in - *#0011# for example - it makes a call. I then get an invalid number message from Verizon.

I think I'm doing it right but if someone could describe the process I would appreciate it. Maybe the ability to do this went away with the update?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have a AT&T version and it has the JB update.

This Service Code number still works on my phone.............try this

[FONT=&quot]*#197328640#[/FONT]
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. I input *#197328640#. It placed a call directly to Verizon without going into the service mode.

Apparently, Verizon has disabled that function with the newest update. I guess they want to protect me from my own phone. So glad that big brother is out there.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. I input *#197328640#. It placed a call directly to Verizon without going into the service mode.

Apparently, Verizon has disabled that function with the newest update. I guess they want to protect me from my own phone. So glad that big brother is out there.
Don't know if this is late but will help future person trying this...anyways it should be *#*#197328640#*#* ......that works for me everytime

Upvote 0
I have a AT&T version and it has the JB update.

This Service Code number still works on my phone.............try this

[FONT=&quot]*#197328640#[/FONT]

Don't know if this is late but will help future person trying this...anyways it should be *#*#197328640#*#* ......that works for me everytime

The code posted by lennydude works on my S3 international but the one posted by hackerweeg does not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones