1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Entry system not working - DTMF

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sheepy1, Jan 21, 2014.

1. sheepy1

sheepy1 Lurker
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Has anyone had problems with the DTMF on the Moto X? My phone won't work with the front door entry system at my apartment (although I haven't had a problem with other automated systems). I never had any problems with my previous phone and nobody else in my building is having an issue, so it just seems like the system just isn't recognizing the tone from my Moto X when I press 9.

In the caller settings menu, I only see the ability to change between 'normal' and 'long' tones. I've tried both, and neither works. Could this be a problem with KitKat rather than the phone? Any other suggestions to get it to work?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Have someone call you (I assume that's how the door system works.) When you're talking to them, press 9. If they year the tone, it's not your phone. (When you dial a number with a 9 in it, it works, right? The phone company's decoder is a lot more strict about how good the tone has to be than the $20 board the security people put on your door opener, so if it works for phone calls, it's good enough for door openers.)