• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epic 4g available august 11 ??

K4KAI

Apr 17, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I was at my local Radio Shack (now "The Shack") yesterday afternoon asking about HTC EVO availability and asked if they had any information on the new EPIC 4G. They had just received their display model of it and let me handle it. It is just a tiny bit bigger than my HTC Hero, and it fit snugly in my Blackberry Tour holster that I carry my Hero in.

They told me it should be arriving soon. I pressed them for a date, they looked at their paperwork and told me it should be available around 11 August.

I was at my local Radio Shack (now "The Shack") yesterday afternoon asking about HTC EVO availability and asked if they had any information on the new EPIC 4G. They had just received their display model of it and let me handle it. It is just a tiny bit bigger than my HTC Hero, and it fit snugly in my Blackberry Tour holster that I carry my Hero in.

They told me it should be arriving soon. I pressed them for a date, they looked at their paperwork and told me it should be available around 11 August.

Wow, you handled the display model of the Epic? No way! How was that? I cannot wait! I stopped at a tmobile store in the fair oaks mall yesterday & checked out a working vibrant. It was surely fantastic! That screen really was sweet & it was so light! I hope we hear more about our Epic 4G soon!

Upvote 0
i work for the shack we dont have dummy for the epic and the sprint info we have been given was just that we would be notified by the end of the month for pre order process
what they probly had in store was an intercept dummy or the captavate or vibrant dummy we have both of those in my store

While at the store, we compared the EPIC "dummy phone" (which has Sprint's logo on it) to the Intercept's image on their computer. We put it next to the INTERCEPT image and the bottom front of the phone was different. They had two INTERCEPT phones in the back of the store. I don't know why they weren't on display. One of the sales girls there said they had already sold 1or 2 INTERCEPTs. Yesterday, I was in the store chatting with them about a half an hour.

If you work for The Shack, just call their Culpeper, VA store and ask them about it. They have a huge cellular display there, so much so, they should change their name to "The Cell Phone Shack" :D.

Upvote 0
Pics or it didn't happen.

Sorry, no pics. I haven't used the camera (video or still) on my Hero yet, even though I have had it over six months. As I have aged, and have had multiple eye surgeries, I have lost much of my ability to focus on smaller items, so I generally don't try to use the camera.

On my computer, with a 20" screen, I have to expand the page size to full screen to comfortably read it, and then it is still a strain. When I use my Hero, I carry drugstore +250 reading glasses to be able to utilize many of the apps.

Getting old is awful, but it sure beats the alternative. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Sorry, no pics. I haven't used the camera (video or still) on my Hero yet, even though I have had it over six months. As I have aged, and have had multiple eye surgeries, I have lost much of my ability to focus on smaller items, so I generally don't try to use the camera.

On my computer, with a 20" screen, I have to expand the page size to full screen to comfortably read it, and then it is still a strain. When I use my Hero, I carry drugstore +250 reading glasses to be able to utilize many of the apps.

Getting old is awful, but it sure beats the alternative. :thinking:

....so it didn't happen?

p.s. I haven't made it to the shack yet

Upvote 0
If it was going to be released this soon, they would have pre-orders available already. You have to figure at least a month of pre-order time.
Why do you have to figure a month of pre-order time? The iPhone 4 had it's pre-sale 9 days prior to release. These days it's about how fast you get the product out, not how long you can hype it.

Upvote 0
Apple kinda already has hype built in at this point and don't have to work too hard at it. Comparing the already built in hype of the Apple iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S isn't quite fair. None of my non-techie friends really know what the Galaxy S phones are. Even more, nobody knows what AMOLED or DLNA is.

Regardless, Sprint... come'on get this thing out and Ill provide the hype.

Upvote 0
I sent a direct message to Samsung twitter account and got this reply:

twitter.jpg

I was hoping for the phone release sooner just like the rest of you but it is what it is..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones