1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Epic 4G, Mass Storage not working anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miya79, Aug 31, 2011.

1. miya79

miya79 Lurker

Im not sure when but my pc (toshiba satellite Windows 7 home premium 64bit) is not reading my Epic as a Mass Storage unit anymore. it "sees" it and doesnt error it and pulls the drivers but never shows up as a mass storage unit so i cannot put files on it without removing card completely and putting it in an adapter. From reading other threads I am seeing that along with the drivers my pc loads there is one called USB Mass Storage that my laptop is not loading automatically. Anyone know how/where to get it or why my laptop isnt loading it on its own?

I have hard reset my phone, formatted the SD card and reset my laptop to factory none of which fixed the issue (oh and i constantly use different USB cables none make a difference)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. becca1121

becca1121 Lurker

I'm having a similar problem, and I really hope someone can respond with some help.

I've used every USB port on my laptop, and several different cables and am still having this issue:

When I connect my phone to my laptop via usb cable all it does is charge. I have downloaded the drivers from Samsung, I have checked and unchecked usb debugging, etc. My computer doesn't recognize that any USB device has been plugged in, and my phone doesn't even give me the Mass Storage option. You know, the menu that asks if you're using the cable just to charge the phone, or using it as a readable drive? I don't get that menu at all. It's quite stressful, as I don't have an SD card reader in my laptop to use as an alternative.

Any suggestions?

3. jus4kix808

jus4kix808 Lurker

From reading other forums, it sounds like it's an issue with the cable that came with the phone. Strange because mine worked fine before the software update to gingerbread. People said try a blackberry cable or bring your cable to a sprint store and they will exchange it for you.

I haven't verified this yet, but when I do, I'll update this posting.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews