• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epic 4G (On it's way to boost) NEED HELP

yours31f

Lurker
Oct 9, 2013
So, I am new here and hoping to gain some insight into where I went wrong. (Also this may be in the wrong forum section, if so I'm sorry).

SHORT VERSION: I flashed an Epic 4g (not touch) to boost with a design (HTC Evo 4G [Rooted]). From what I understand so far the AAA and HA cant be taken from CDMA WS.

Well here is the story, I bought an Epic online (got a steal on it), and I was under the impression I could just put in on boost (from an ad that I found out isn't out yet). Anyways, I followed a couple guides attempting to fill in the gaps between the two of them and now I cant get the OTA to complete. I believe my data and calling profiles did not copy over. So I have been through the entire process twice and cannot figure out where it went wrong. The MEIDs match, Phone number matches, but something is still amiss. I will outline the steps I took so maybe someone can tell me what I need to do in order to rectify the situation. (Also thanks for taking the time to read this).

So, I got everything installed (which was a hassle in itself) mostly because I started on a Win8 machine that most drivers don't work on, so I moved to my Win7 Desktop (for reasons like this). Then I got my MSLs, copied the files, then the profile data. Switched to the epic and copied everything over. And now I am here.

So, what I think is the issue is that my 466 and 1192 files are not coming through as anything more than an access denied message. I am still trying to piece together names to files so I just gave the file numbers instead of possibly wrong names. Anyways, The epic says activating, then fails. My status bar at the top only shows phone signal bars and I assume there should be a 3g or at least a connectivity symbol.

Well I think that's it but if you need more info, ask I will answer ASAP. Any and all tips tricks and fixes are accepted (except for sending it to someone).

Thanks again!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones