• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epic 4G Touch @ Best Buy and Radio Shack

Best Buy, true to form, has a list price for the Epic 4G Touch at $799.99.
Is it made out of gold?
*Although it is interesting to note that the link from the Samsung site to the Best Buy site shows the Galaxy S2, not the Epic 4G Touch. So who knows, maybe Samsung screwed the retail price up.
I thought the Epic 4G Touch was the Galaxy S2.

Upvote 0
The euro galaxy s 2 unlocked is 800 bucks at best buys site. I can't see this one going for much less with it's bigger screen, larger battery and other tweaks such as added notification light. Expect an off contract price around the same and an on contract price never below 150. Sprint gotta make some money

I guarantee the E4GT will NOT sell for $800 unsubsidized. $650 AT THE MOST. Sprint has never sold a phone that high. The original Epic 4G was $250 subsidized and $500 unsubsidized. This one is $200 subsidized and is probably going to be $500-600 unsubsidized.

It's silly to think that as the tech improves and phones get bigger and better the prices won't increase. Sprint has never sold a phone that high but they've never had a phone with these specs either. You can't compare it to the OG epic. You have to use something closer. The galaxy s 2 euro is the same phone basically. Don't get your hopes up for anything below 650 without a contract. I thought the epic touch would go for at least 300 on contract. Verizon has 2 phones that can't touch this one for 300 on contract. I'm glad the epic touch is 200

The EVO 3D is similarly specced but is slightly worse than the E4GT and it is $549 off contract. The EVO 4G was $449 off contract. The Epic 4G was similarly specced with the EVO 4G but slightly better and was $499 off contract. So no doubt the unsubsidized price of the E4GT should be $600-$650.

None of the phone you listed are similary speced to the epic touch. The epic touch has a larger, better display than all of those, a larger battery than all of those, thinner and lighter than all those, a faster next gen processor, hdmi/mini USB combo jack. This WILL increase the price off contract. They are not trying to cut you any deals off contract because they don't want you to buy it off contract so don't expect a price anywhere near last years model phones. This will be the best phone on sprint easily into next year and sprint knows this better than anyone so they're not going to give it away when 70% of their current customers are already freaking out over not being able to pre order it. Don't you wonder why they havent announced off contract pricing yet? They want to see demand first.

Hmmm... So guess who turned out to be right???:rolleyes: It was even lower than I expected!

It's fun to be right :D

Upvote 0
Okay I was wrong how about $30 in 4 months :)

Cell Phone Specials
Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint - Wirefly.com

No I still think it will be free. it will be on 3 carriers and there are more new phones coming later this year they will fire sale it to get rid of it.

Price slash to $99 already...I guess iPhone5 on Sprint is real.
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint) | LetsTalk.com

I hope IP5 does not have WT or I'll have to give up my EVO for it. If not then ET4G in 4 months for FREE!

Upvote 0

I hope IP5 does not have WT or I'll have to give up my EVO for it. If not then ET4G in 4 months for FREE!

Yeah, the $99 price has been mentioned several times in this thread.

Is there any word on the price for Best Buy or Radio Shack? It's kind of odd that we haven't heard yet especially since the phone comes out this week. :thinking:

Upvote 0

You don't "slash" pricing before it's offered for sale. Ha. You also don't "slash" the price before anyone confirms the competing product.

And really, you may be considering the iPhone, as you have mentioned several times, but most Android users see little reason to use a product that is polar opposite to the Android system. This isn't an iPhone site or thread.

Upvote 0
You don't "slash" pricing before it's offered for sale. Ha. You also don't "slash" the price before anyone confirms the competing product.

And really, you may be considering the iPhone, as you have mentioned several times, but most Android users see little reason to use a product that is polar opposite to the Android system. This isn't an iPhone site or thread.

I agree! That phone is mearly pixy fairy dust right now. I am surprised though, that it's been so quiet lately.

Here's the bottom line though. There are 4 types of phone users.

1) Someone who just take the free phone and use it to talk.
2) Someone who purchases a smart phone but really doesn't use much on it.
3) Iphone folks.
4) Smartphone junkies.

I would still bet some smarphone junkies don't know about this phone. So, I bet they won't sell as many as they think. Or at least until people accept a 4.5 inch screen.

Upvote 0
I agree! That phone is mearly pixy fairy dust right now. I am surprised though, that it's been so quiet lately.

3) Iphone folks.
4) Smartphone junkies.

I would still bet some smarphone junkies don't know about this phone. So, I bet they won't sell as many as they think. Or at least until people accept a 4.5 inch screen.

Honestly every smartphone junkie I know on sprint either

1) upgraded to evo3d when it came out (6 of the 8 I know)
2) Are waiting for nexus prime (1 out of 8)
3) Highly considering E4GT (1 out of 8, me)

The only iphone people I know are those forced to use them for work due to ATT contracts, and pretty young female college students.

Upvote 0
Honestly every smartphone junkie I know on sprint either

1) upgraded to evo3d when it came out (6 of the 8 I know)
2) Are waiting for nexus prime (1 out of 8)
3) Highly considering E4GT (1 out of 8, me)

The only iphone people I know are those forced to use them for work due to ATT contracts, and pretty young female college students.

Unless you love a 3d picture, I'm certain the epic touch will be an upgrade from the Evo 3d.

Upvote 0
Yes, but thats not the point. Sprint's marketing of evo3d was serious, and a lot of evo 4g owners upgraded to it when it was released, using their yearly / 2 year phone upgrades already.

Because the Evo 4G was such a breakthrough phone, many Sprint customers waiting until the new one came out, then immediately upgraded. Similarly, those who were left waiting because they didn't like the Evo 3D special effects, jumped on the Photon when it became available.

That has left the diehard hardcore Android fans who knew about the Galaxy S II. That is another reason Sprint doesn't see much reason to advertise this close to the iPhone release. The same thing holds true with major retailers like Best Buy. Why advertise when there just isn't that many folks left who were holding on to their upgrades.

I just don't think there are that many people left to make use of upgrades right now and purchase an Epic 4G Touch.

Upvote 0

3) Iphone folks.
4) Smartphone junkies.

The whole point in being a smartphone junkie is knowing about all the phones currently out and knowing what's coming out. Otherwise they wouldn't be a smartphone junkie, they would be your regular #2 consumer

Upvote 0
Because the Evo 4G was such a breakthrough phone, many Sprint customers waiting until the new one came out, then immediately upgraded. Similarly, those who were left waiting because they didn't like the Evo 3D special effects, jumped on the Photon when it became available.

That has left the diehard hardcore Android fans who knew about the Galaxy S II. That is another reason Sprint doesn't see much reason to advertise this close to the iPhone release. The same thing holds true with major retailers like Best Buy. Why advertise when there just isn't that many folks left who were holding on to their upgrades.

I just don't think there are that many people left to make use of upgrades right now and purchase an Epic 4G Touch.
The EVO 3D didn't impress me at all. So I kept my EVO. The Photon is a good phone but still kept my EVO. I was waiting and waiting for the GS2. Now that its arrived, the Nexus is around the corner. I just wished that this phone came out in July. So I been debating for days lol. I think I'm going to wait till I get some more info on this Prime then make a choice. LOL I might just wait till 2012.

Upvote 0
The EVO 3D didn't impress me at all. So I kept my EVO. The Photon is a good phone but still kept my EVO. I was waiting and waiting for the GS2. Now that its arrived, the Nexus is around the corner. I just wished that this phone came out in July. So I been debating for days lol. I think I'm going to wait till I get some more info on this Prime then make a choice. LOL I might just wait till 2012.

If you keep waiting every time you hear a new phone will be coming out you will never upgrade to a new phone.

Upvote 0
If you keep waiting every time you hear a new phone will be coming out you will never upgrade to a new phone.

Haha I knew someone would come with this answer. I'm fully aware of that. The thing is, I always been smart about my purchases. The EVO was a no brainer. This is just the first hard decision I've ever made as far as phones go. On one side the Epic Touch is the best phone to date. Then theres android 4.0.....a new dimension to the android world. It's going to be between this or the Nexus....thats for sure.

Upvote 0
Haha I knew someone would come with this answer. I'm fully aware of that. The thing is, I always been smart about my purchases. The EVO was a no brainer. This is just the first hard decision I've ever made as far as phones go. On one side the Epic Touch is the best phone to date. Then theres android 4.0.....a new dimension to the android world. It's going to be between this or the Nexus....thats for sure.

Have you heard that sprint is eliminating the sprint premiere 1 year upgrade AS OF LAST SUNDAY? Thats right. This means, if you upgrade to the s2 using your 1 or 2 year eligibility, you wont get a subsidized upgrade again for 20 months! This means the s2 better be the very best phone there is unless you dont mind paying $600 in a year or less. This just makes this decision of s2 versus nexus prime that much harder.

If I recall correctly, you were also looking at the evo 3d this summer and skipped that phone too. What have you decided?

As to the topic of this thread.. I called radioshack today and the guy STILL didn't know pricing or availability of the Epic 4g Touch! This was late wednesday 9/14/2011!

Upvote 0
Have you heard that sprint is eliminating the sprint premiere 1 year upgrade AS OF LAST SUNDAY? Thats right. This means, if you upgrade to the s2 using your 1 or 2 year eligibility, you wont get a subsidized upgrade again for 20 months! This means the s2 better be the very best phone there is unless you dont mind paying $600 in a year or less. This just makes this decision of s2 versus nexus prime that much harder.

If I recall correctly, you were also looking at the evo 3d this summer and skipped that phone too. What have you decided?

As to the topic of this thread.. I called radioshack today and the guy STILL didn't know pricing or availability of the Epic 4g Touch! This was late wednesday 9/14/2011!

Sprint is also nixing the 30 day return policy and the Sprint Premier program ALL TOGETHER!! This is ridiculous this is one of the reasons why I have stayed with Sprint for so long

Sprint changing return policy tomorrow, nixing Premier program at year's end - Engadget

Upvote 0

Hey its better than 22 months lol. Yeah I read up on all this last night. IMO this is all due to that damn iphone. But that's another story. I skipped the 3D because i tried it out in Radioshack and it did not impress me at all. I decided that I'm just going to stick to what I have and see what phones are available around April when I can upgrade....wait scratch that Feb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones