• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BigD562

Aug 25, 2010
So I exchange my Epic today for a new one... The screen had a gap that would click against the keyboard when I press on it.

But the question is will the Apps I have on my account sync back to my phone once I link it back to my Google account or do i have to do it manually?

So I exchange my Epic today for a new one... The screen had a gap that would click against the keyboard when I press on it.

But the question is will the Apps I have on my account sync back to my phone once I link it back to my Google account or do i have to do it manually?

Mine new one has the gap and is QUITE annoying. Taking it back in a few.

Upvote 0
its a slider phone they will all have that gap..I am on my 3rd Epic an they all had that gap..pu a case on teh phone that will creat the slider to be tighter .

No my new one doesnt have that gap... mine was actually clicking against the keyboard if i tap it.

When I put a case on it... it did make it tight, but then the gap interfere to apoint where i can hear a squeak coming from the case rubbing up against each other cause of the gap.

Upvote 0
Mine had the gap and does the clicking against the keyboard also. I think I am just going to return the phone, I absolutly love it, but I did not really want a keyboard to begin with, and if its this loose now I can only imagine how bad it will get.

This is most likely just something that is very common, if sprint had a galaxy s without a keyboard I would get that, but I think for now I will just wait for a phone to come out that is basically just like the galaxy s, minus the keyboard.

I just dont like moving parts on my phone, it makes it feel so sloppy. Its such a shame also, because there are so many things I like about this phone.

Upvote 0
I'm on my third Epic... The first one had a minor gap (gap as thick as a dime), the second one had a major gap (thick as a quarter) and my third is a sweetie. It's the way it SHOULD be... Just enough gap to slide, but not enough to slop.

The first phone also had issues with the menu keys at the bottom. Not evenly lit, marginally responsive. It also had a camera issue as well. Second phone all but the gap was good. Third phone, everything is finally as it SHOULD have been. My third phone even has better buttons for on/off, volume and camera. Much better tactile response and action that the first two phones didn't have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones