1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Epic fail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Figleaf, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    My phone has to go back to shop:( I posted here recently asking for advice about a problem i was having with viewing my photo album. When you open up the gallery and select either your camera shots or backrounds or whatever you've saved, the whole page starts pulsing/ flickering constantly. The only way to stop it is to keep pressing the back arrow or if that fails (and it has) then the home button which doesn't mean the pulsing has stopped just that you've gone back to main screen (very hard to explain sorry):mad: I brought it into the shop today and they said it was a faulty phone:( so will have a replacement for me tomorrow. Gutted...have everything set up just as a like it. Does anyone know if i will be able to transfer everything via the bluetooth transfer app thats built into the phone. i've had a look at the app and theres no option to transfer from sensation to sensation:( My techie husband is stuck in japan on business so i've no help here:(

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    What is preventing you from just connecting the phone to a PC via the supplied USB cable, or a network share (file explorer program e.g. Estrong's File Explorer), and transferring the files via "copy/paste"?

That, or just copy the files to the SD card, and put the SD card into the new phone, or PC.

3. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    Whats preventing me is (i'm blonde):D ok i'll try that this evening when i get home from work. thanks for your reply. Just love to know if anyone else has seen this problem.

4. mcyates

mcyates Member
    None

Aug 19, 2009
    Marine Enigneer
    Middlesbrough
    Try using wondershare Mobilego

Download it onto your pc and get it onto your phone via the market.

Its a great app, you can backup everything onto your pc then restore it onto you new phone when you get it!!

Enjoy :D

5. damnitsray

damnitsray Newbie
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Did you uninstall any apps that use the camera or gallery and rebooting the phone before returning the handset?

6. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    ok first things first, i'm currently saving everything to my home pc via usb cable into a newly created file. ( you'd swear i knew what i was talking about):( It looks like thats working.
    in answer to the previous poster, i didn't try uninstalling any photo/backround app, but i will do and see if thats a fix. The guy in the phone shop did say that regardless of apps etc that the pulsing / flickering shouldn't happen:( thing is that if i fix it now then i won't be able to show them the problem tomorrow when i collect the replacement phone.(different shop and they said i'd have to show that shop the problem too):thinking: