1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support epic locks when calling!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junk runner jr, May 10, 2011.

1. junk runner jr

None

Apr 19, 2011
    This thing is driving me nuts! In the last week it has decided that making calls is no longer it primary function.

When I dial out upon touching the send button the screen goes totaly black and will not function at all. Nothing I do will reactivate the screen. No way to hang up or select any other numbers like when calling in to a 800 line that requires you to select options. I can't mute, turn on the speaker phone, or hang up! The only time the screen will come back is when the person I have called hangs up on their end. I have had to resort to pulling the battery in order to end a call.

I have also noticed that when I receive a call the screen does not go black as it should when you hold the phone to your face.

Any one else out there having this issue or know how to fix it?

Advertisement

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    Off the top of my head, I would say you have a bad proximity sensor... If this is the case, no real way of fixing it without sending it in.

3. gimpy530

gimpy530 Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    I have the same problem, I've found no fix. Several apps claimed to be a work-around but none of them worked.

4. junk runner jr

None

Apr 19, 2011
    I took the thing in last night, then ran some tests on it and found a faulty proximity sensor. They ordered me a new phone we will see tomorrow! It would be nice if the new one has better battery life.

5. ndp506

ndp506 Member
    None

Dec 19, 2009
    I've been having the same issue with my phone, I just setup an appointment with the nearby Sprint Store and we'll see what happens... thanks for the suggestions everyone