1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Epic not sending/receiving MMS messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teckie, Feb 3, 2011.

1. teckie

teckie Lurker

Hey folks,

Last night had issues (and still do) with my Epic not wanting to send or get MMS messages.

I updated the profile, and the PRL, and called customer service who suggested the hard reset, which I already did, and no dice. Everything else is working fine.

Anyone have any thought? I'm using the stock SMS/MMS app.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Are you roaming? Can you receive texts?

Did you escalate it to a tech or just customer service?

3. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

I have had this happen several times. It will receive MMS, but will not send. Sometimes rebooting fixes it. Very annoying. And sometimes it'll show that it's still sending, and the receiving person will comment on it! So you don't know for sure if it's sent or not unless the person replies.

4. derekb123

derekb123 Lurker

Same here. I'm wondering if it's something to do with ota update from a wk or two ago. I can send and receive if I connect to wifi though.

5. digitool

digitool Member

i have the same problem but only since the OTA update... in fact I had the samsung update where I downloaded to the computer and installed that way.... everything worked fine and great, even had great battery life, then the OTA came and my battery life is back to how it was when it was stock and i have this message sending issue... lame.

6. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

If you guys are having problem sending MMS through Handcent, try telling it to "share" via the stock messaging app. That is my only problem since the update, and now I have MMS going through super fast via the stock messaging app. Then I just go back to Handcent for regular SMS.

7. derekb123

derekb123 Lurker

mms wont send even through handcent for me. also my bro wiped his epic and still has the problem. sprint rep said "it's like a windows update sometimes they don't work right" haha...yeah that fixes the problem. i don't think so.

8. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

Mine won't send through Handcent either. That's what I'm saying. Try to stock messaging app for MMS.

9. snowdream

snowdream Newbie

Noticed this the other day too! It will sit as "sending" for forever with no option to resend. I had one go through over 28hrs later after I resent the mms, then the receiving person got 2 messages from me. Irritating! I also noticed tonight that my 3g was randomly turning off and had no data unless (obviously) I turned on the 4g.

10. Inspekt

Inspekt Newbie

Same prob here sometimes messages hang in sending mode. Once it happens, all subsequent messages hang in sending mode too. I've noticed that if I reboot at that point it pushes them al through at once and the situation is resolved, for a while at least. Did an experiment with another phone the other day and 5 texts went through at once after reboot.

I'm not sure if it happens everytimr, but I've noticed the problem seems to occur when I am sending texts with only 1 bar of signal or in an area where signal is going in and out.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews