• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Epic Unleashed 2.0! Byebye Blur!

Redflea are you able to just install the motoblur email and it works?

That's the only thing keeping me from trying this ROM. I hate the stock 2.2 email. It sends me notifications every 30mins for the same damn emails over and over and then for fun it decides to bring 2 week old emails back to my inbox as new.

The motoblur email doesn't do this to me at all.

Upvote 0

That's the only thing keeping me from trying this ROM. I hate the stock 2.2 email. It sends me notifications every 30mins for the same damn emails over and over and then for fun it decides to bring 2 week old emails back to my inbox as new.

Been unable load it...just too busy today, out and about, etc.

Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Yes the stock email is really annoying and it also won't open any emails with attachments, i can't even view the text in them.

Upvote 0
Yes the stock email is really annoying and it also won't open any emails with attachments, i can't even view the text in them.

Matt:

A suggestion: I think you're going to find more people who use Exchange mail are going to want the D2 motoblur email app, not the stock 2.2 email app...the one on the D2 is better. Maybe next release keep the D2 email app rather than putting in the 2.2 one...

Upvote 0
Anyone tried this method to get swype to work?

"Instructions:
Download the Droid 2 system dump here Droid2SystemDump.zip
Under /Apps find Swype.apk and copy it to your sd-card

Open terminal emulator

su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
rm /system/app/Swype.apk
reboot

After reboot verify its gone.
Reopen Terminal Emulator

su
cp /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app
exit
exit

Open a text box and verify."

I can't try it since my Terminal Emulator won't open, does everyone have that issue?

This works.

However one thing you need to realize. Linux is case sensitive. The version of swype that is loaded on this ROM is "swype.apk" not "Swype.apk" so when you remove it you need to do:

rm /system/app/swype.apk

Then the rest of the instructions are the same.

Hope this helps everyone.

Upvote 0
This works.

However one thing you need to realize. Linux is case sensitive. The version of swype that is loaded on this ROM is "swype.apk" not "Swype.apk" so when you remove it you need to do:

rm /system/app/swype.apk

Oh ok, i just copy and pasted it from another post. Does anyone know hot to do this without using the terminal emulator, maybe using the computer like when we rooted it?

Upvote 0
I GOT SWYPE TO WORK!! :D BTW the method posted above wouldn't work for me.

All you need to do is download the D2 system dump from here Droid2SystemDump.zip
Find the Swype.apk file in apps, move it to the root of your sd card.
Go to your file manager app, find the swype.apk file, click on it and install it, easy as that!! I actually removed swype first so i don't know if that will effect your results.

Upvote 0
This works.

rm /system/app/swype.apk

Oh and btw that swype file in your phone is Swype.apk not swype.apk
When i typed in swype.apk it said the file didn't exist.

Upvote 0
I GOT SWYPE TO WORK!! :D BTW the method posted above wouldn't work for me.

All you need to do is download the D2 system dump from here Droid2SystemDump.zip
Find the Swype.apk file in apps, move it to the root of your sd card.
Go to your file manager app, find the swype.apk file, click on it and install it, easy as that!! I actually removed swype first so i don't know if that will effect your results.

How did you remove swype? Normal uninstall, deleted using Root Explorer, etc?

Upvote 0
How did you remove swype? Normal uninstall, deleted using Root Explorer, etc?

No, it got removed when i did the first half of those instructions i posted before.
"Open terminal emulator

su
rm /system/app/Swype.apk
reboot

After reboot verify its gone."

Oh and i got the terminal emulator to work, i jus reinstalled it from the market but now i have 2 app icons? One works and one doesn't, how do i delete the bad one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones