• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Epic vs EVO RAM. Programs Automatically Closing

CrozB

May 29, 2010
Coming from an EVO that always had over 200MB free on a clean boot and almost never dropped below 100MB free, I am having trouble when running multiple programs at once and having them close when they are in the background. This is worst when I am listening to Slacker, with Navigation in the background then don't realize that Nav has shut down and I drive miles past my exit because I was expecting it to tell me to get off the freeway. Also when I am browsing, and I have a few tabs open, if I have to go out to an email to, say, copy an address or... the browser will shut and I will loose all my tabs :mad:. I keep reading there is no need for a task killer, but this is really frustrating!

2 questions,

1. Why does the EVO have so much more Free Ram than the Epic (A LOT MORE). Heck even my HD2 running CM6 has over 200MB Free.
  2. What can I do to prevent programs from ever closing?
Thx
CrozB

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones