• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Equalizer app that stays on after reboot?

SkinJob

Oct 5, 2010
I'm looking for an EQ app for my Asus Transformer TF101 (rooted, stock JB4.03), that works on the Asus! For some reason, almost every one I've tried, including the top names, have crashed like crazy after working for a couple of minutes, saying "xxx has stopped". One of them, "AnEQ" works properly, never crashed. Its the only one that added a third service in the sound menu ("Music Effects, Equalizer, AnEQ"). However, it needs to be reset to ON once killed in memory or once the tablet is rebooted.

I just need an EQ app that works on the Asus, keeps working at all times, even after a reboot, and works on the system as a whole, not just the music app. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Yeah, wow! This one is better than what I was even hoping for! Not only does it actually work on reboot, but you can set the eq and sound fx to different parts of the device! ie. Off for headphone output. That,s exactly what I needed! And Viper4FX is free, to boot! Superb app, that I never would have found, since it does not show up in my Play store listings!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones