• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Equalizer Problem!!

Hellocupo

Dec 17, 2014
Ok So i Have the lg g stylo. Ok its a great phone, not much lag, big size, good storage right? The only problem i have are the Equalizer problem! I have several different apps testing it out, but right now Poweramp works the best. The problem is, that the Equalizer SHUTS OFF, when i lock the screen or leave the app. The music still plays, but the equalizer shuts off. I go in the app, turn off and on the equalizer, go to app info, force stop it, restart the phone, and nothing works. sometimes whenever i clear the app cache, the equalizer works for a bit, then shuts off. Ive used Equalizer+, Shuttle, BlackPlayer, and Equalizer, and nothing works. Poweramp works only, and stays on. i DONT want to Hard Reset my phone and i really dont want to use Poweramp forever. One thing to note, The LG G Stylo does not have the MusicFX app or the SoundAlive app, no FX for music app, so what to do!? Ive noticed this problem on Built-In Speaker, Headphones, And Rarely on Bluetooth speakers. Also, i dont have any external apps that force stop apps to clear memory, like Clean Master. Thanks in advance!

Ok So i Have the lg g stylo. Ok its a great phone, not much lag, big size, good storage right? The only problem i have are the Equalizer problem! I have several different apps testing it out, but right now Poweramp works the best. The problem is, that the Equalizer SHUTS OFF, when i lock the screen or leave the app. The music still plays, but the equalizer shuts off. I go in the app, turn off and on the equalizer, go to app info, force stop it, restart the phone, and nothing works. sometimes whenever i clear the app cache, the equalizer works for a bit, then shuts off. Ive used Equalizer+, Shuttle, BlackPlayer, and Equalizer, and nothing works. Poweramp works only, and stays on. i DONT want to Hard Reset my phone and i really dont want to use Poweramp forever. One thing to note, The LG G Stylo does not have the MusicFX app or the SoundAlive app, no FX for music app, so what to do!? Ive noticed this problem on Built-In Speaker, Headphones, And Rarely on Bluetooth speakers. Also, i dont have any external apps that force stop apps to clear memory, like Clean Master. Thanks in advance!

what OS version what carrier and are you rooted?

Upvote 0
Why not just use a player with a good built-in equalizer? I use Rocket Player and JetAudio on my Stylo, and both have excellent equalizers that never shut off when the lock screen comes on. There must be lots of other good players in the Play store whose equalizers don't shut down unexpectedly.

Upvote 0
Why not just use a player with a good built-in equalizer? I use Rocket Player and JetAudio on my Stylo, and both have excellent equalizers that never shut off when the lock screen comes on. There must be lots of other good players in the Play store whose equalizers don't shut down unexpectedly.
Ive already used Shuttle: Shut Off, BlackPlayer: Shut off, Equalizer+: Shut Off, Equalizer:Shut Off. The only thing that works is Poweramp, but i dont want to pay for the pro. This isnt going to be fixed, if it is it will be a miracle. The clearing the Cache thing doesnt work at all now, so i dont know whats the problem

Upvote 0
+1 for jetAudio, it's a awesome player.
Yea ima try them all out. NEW NOTE: THE EQUALIZER NOW WORKS SOMETIMES WHEN ONE SONG FINISHED, AND NEXT ONE PLAYS. THATS ONLY FOR SHUTTLE THOUGH. BLACKPLAYER AND EQUALIZER+ STILL DONT WORK, BUT SOMETIMES WITH EQ+, I HEAR THE EQUALIZER FOR A SPLIT SECOND, THEN IT STOPS. POWERAMP IS GUARENTEED TO WORK, BUT I DONT WANT TO USE POWERAMP. I DO NOT HAVE A MusicFX APP OR SoundAlive APP ON THE PHONE. ISEARCHED AND SEARCHED NOTHING IS THERE. I SWITCHED THE "Use AwesomePlayer Instead of NuPlayer" IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS TO USE AwesomePlayer NOT SURE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS

Upvote 0
the only thing i can suggest is factory reset...if you had root i would've suggested using Viper4Android
The OP is only limiting his options by refusing to root, in my opinion. I've been using Poweramp for years before discovering Viper4Android. Even though I disabled Poweramp's equalizer (since V4A handles system audio), I still use the player for its sleek user interface.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones