1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Caddyman, Mar 4, 2010.

1. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Mine installed with no problem

Advertisement

2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Android Enthusiast

If you have the Google Voice app installed on your phone and you have not set the Message app as the default already, just go to any contact as if you were going to send them a text and when your keyboard pulls up it will ask which program you want to use. Just check the "Use as Default" box and choose Google Voice.

If you already have the Message app as the default, go to settings, applications, manage apps. Go to the Message App and clear the default setting, then go back and do the step I just listed above to make Google Voice the default.

You can do this with any message app, by the way. I just use Google Voice for free texting.

3. karib

karib Android Enthusiast

I can only confirm that on the moto droid all web pages were zoomed out to view the whole page, needing to zoom in to read.

4. davros

davros Android Enthusiast

com.maize.digitalClock

also a copy righted app didnt even back up or in market...

5. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

digital clock doesn't seem to 2.1 capable yet.
    Anyone confirm this?

Facebook contact sync is working alright occasionally. The name in your phone has to match exactly the Facebook name to sync up. Get more HTC widgets is offline too

6. SChandler

SChandler Newbie

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but say I go into the application Where and decide to view a business web page...... it will not let me. It says 'web page not available'. If I use the browser and go to a website, it will open the page fine. Same problem exists in other applications that will allow you to visit third party websites. Anyone else have this problem?

7. aleis

aleis Android Expert

2.1 just killed my coworkers sound!
    he cannot make calls cause you cannot hear it dial out or hear the people when they answer!!!
    anyone get this??

8. OfTheDamned

I noticed this with Urbanspoon, but I thought it was just the app. It isn't doing this with other apps that are already "connected" like peep or feedr.

9. can anyone please help me and try to figure out if it works and possible, how to, go back to 1.5?

10. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

Odd that our build of 2.1 doesn't have Friend stream. Why is that? And I thought all HTC and Android widgets were on the same section now. Could this be an earlier build?

Also, any one notice that even after you close the Amazon mp3 store app(after turning on your phone that is), that it like pops up in the background by itself. Any ideas on how to stop that?

11. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I learned the hard way about using Mybackup before I saw this thread. Is there an easy fix to what's messed up, or do I have to reflash?

If I have to reflash, is it just the same procedure as the original 2.1 flash, or are there other steps involved? I.E. going to recovery or something like that?

*EDIT*
    To answer my own question, a simple factory reset seems to have taken care of my weather widget problem. I'll update with news if anything else comes up.

12. aptmx

aptmx Member

I know this was already mentioned as a problem, but has anyone figured out how to link a google contact to a facebook profile? When I select the contact in the People App, and try to manually link them it does not display any facebook contacts at all. This is the only thing so far about this update that is driving me crazy. Other then that, I am loving it. Phone seems a lot more responsive overall!

13. OfTheDamned

This may be a silly question, but you are signed in to sync with Facebook right?

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook

Also, if you go to Add account at the bottom there are 2 different facebooks to sync with. You want Facebook for HTC Sense syncing.

14. aptmx

aptmx Member

Yah I saw that it had 2 for some reason. I have logged into the Facebook for HTC Sense account successfully.

UPDATE: Just did a reboot and now when I click on Facebook for HTC Sense it allows me to check sync contacts (before the option did not exist) Also the little sync icon on the right of the facebook account just stayed gray before. Now it is green and syncing perfectly. Really Strange, but I hope that helps anyone out!

15. NKT

NKT Android Expert

Also, FB contacts will ONLY autosync if the contact names are exactly the same. If they aren't you have to manually link them.

16. wiattc

wiattc Member

Anyone know how to fix the Google/gmail account error at start up?

17. NKT

NKT Android Expert

No, it's a known issue.

18. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Android Enthusiast

same problem here, i have run into this problem when opening links from apps like Urbanspoon

19. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

Anyone else having trouble dialing out with Google Voice? It doesn't seem to be connecting and my Verizon number is being used instead. Sending and receiving text through GV seems to be ok.

20. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

so...anybody dl the nexus one gallery yet? its a little laggy at first but is really nice!

21. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

I have it, very nice, takes time to start it the first time though

22. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Android Enthusiast

How did you get it Caddy?

23. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

I was having trouble with my mobile connection and rebooted the phone. Upon reboot WaveSecure locked my phone. Anybody else with WaveSecure seeing this happen?

24. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

Anyone notice this?

25. ax014

ax014 Lurker

I can't seem to find where to change how often my gmail app syncs. It's checked to automatic, but I remember being able to set a time frame. Anybody find this?

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews