1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Caddyman, Mar 4, 2010.

1. NKT

NKT Android Expert

Gmail is push. Pop3/Imap/Exchage are polled.

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

4. Droidcula

Droidcula Well-Known Member

Mobile network showed no service twice. Been running 2.1 for about 3 hours now. I don't believe my phone was wiped clean. all my photo's were still in the phone after update.

5. NKT

NKT Android Expert

Photos are stored on the SD card.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

YES, confirmed, screens goin crazy....but portrait is schweeeet

7. truelove79

truelove79 Android Enthusiast

Update doesn't touch SD card.

8. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to get certain app from randomly auto-starting like Amazon mp3 app and HTC Footprints?

9. So any word on when the real 2.1 comes out for those of us that don't want to potentially ruin our phone?

10. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Android Enthusiast

I am not sure, but I don't think that its possible until we get root...

11. sznaps

sznaps Lurker

It appears activesync isn't working. When I try to add an exchange account it gives me an error.

12. Psilo

Psilo Member

So something weird happened this morning. I woke up to my phone ringing and picked it up but there was no answer and I could hear no static from the earpiece, I hung up and called them back but the same thing happened. The dialer on the phone was laggy as hell too, so I had to reboot. I dont know if this is related directly to the 2.1 update or if it was just something that happened out of nowhere. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Anyway, I rebooted and for some reason I didnt have to log back into google, I think what fixed it was that I logged in through the imap/pop3 option last time i rebooted. Yep thats the only 'bug' type thing I can find as of now.

13. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

I know it sounds crazy, but calibrate the g sensor....see if that helps.

wiattc likes this.
  14. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

One bug I noticed is the dialer and accompanying page is a bit slower on my phone, while the rest is about the same speed as 1.5.

15. wiattc

wiattc Member

I knew there was something I forgot to do in the midst of geeking out on it last night.

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

17. Psilo

Psilo Member

Weird, my phones been off the charger for 30 mins, when I took it off I rebooted, made a 15 min phone call, and now its down one bar. Is that normal?

18. davros

davros Android Enthusiast

anyone else's screen go crazy and random apps open up while in the settings windows? lol

wheeeeeee.....

give the phone a whole new challenge in using it hahaha

also ...people app is wacky.. says not named?

19. jlampson

jlampson Newbie

I noticed the same thing and it's really a pain. One reason I love this phone so much is its Google Voice integration and I tried many settings in the attempt to restore that functionality.

20. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

I've been messing with it all afternoon. If you turn off 3G, it won't even be able to use Google Voice to make a phone call. But it's obviously not connecting to Google Voice because it's not dialing the bridging number and the other person can see your non-GV number. Sucks.

I had to download the old 3rd party app "GV" and using that for now. It's horrible because it has to dial your Google number like a dumbphone. Takes forever to call anybody. :(

21. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Android Enthusiast

Man this is exciting! Okay, so I've found a new bug (maybe) that hasn't been mentioned yet. I think it all comes down to ATK playing rough with Sense.

I lost the ability to to use pinch-to-zoom.

Not on the home screen, not in the browser. A simple restart fixed it, though. I noticed it after I used ATK to clean up the memory after I attempted to use Google Earth and a buncha other apps. A couple of times after killing apps, I've been greeted by the HTC startup logo and watched Sense reload before I could use the phone again. I know what you're thinking... I killed some critical process. But I know better! I don't kill things like messages and the clock and my widgets, and there aren't even any android processes visible in the list to be killed. I've "crashed" Sense a few times using ATK, and it doesn't seem to be consistently linked to any specific program.

Hopefully the 2.1 memory management is improved enough that I won't ever want to use a task killer again.

22. blitersety

blitersety Newbie

My facebook contacts synced, but none of the pictures did, only the contact info. Anyone else experiencing this problem? note: I used "backup and share"

23. davros

davros Android Enthusiast

seriously the native txt pop up wont go away. i've unchecked everything that i can see... any ideas?
    handcent works tho the pop up messages wont send. lol

24. blitersety

blitersety Newbie

same issue here...

25. Alright so battery life don't seem any better. I checked status said my cell stand by without reception has been 71%. now today I noticed places I had full bars I now carry only one bar , two max. anyone else having this problem. its killing my battery badly.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews